NATURAL IMMUNITY & SELF ENERGY BOOSTERS
KITCHEN HERBS & SPICES
FOR STAYING ACTIVE, ENERGETIC & CHEERFUL
Most of the common dried grounded herbs & spices being used in the kitchen for food and drinks are also highly beneficial for health & well-being.
Actually, these are enriched with natural preventive, protecting & healing properties to boost Immunity power & self-healing energy for staying healthy.
No wonder our ancient beliefs & traditional approach to dealing with common health issues with kitchen herbs & spices have time & again proved their potentiality & capacity to enhance the functioning power & efficiency of various internal body organs including major vital organs; heart, brain, lungs, kidneys, liver, skin, Bones, Adrenal Glands, Pituitary, stomach, veins, intestines, eyes & others
Some important & beneficial herbs & spices known for promoting health & well-being can always be found readily available in our kitchens and to name a few they are; Cardamon, cinnamon, cloves, coriander, cumin, carom seeds, ginger, nutmeg, turmeric, fennel seeds, garlic, star anise, peppercorn & others.
In addition to culinary use, many of these are often used for preparing herbal teas or decoctions to enjoy & experience their magical health benefit. No wonder these & many other native herbs & spices have been used for thousands of years for health & medicinal purpose benefiting millions of people all over the world.
Their regular use in small amounts can probably provide multiple health benefits like boosting the immune system, reducing inflammation, relieving stress, improving digestion, maintaining blood pressure, controlling cholesterol, enhancing healing energy & much more.
It has exposed Millions of People worldwide to painful experiences of various degrees including many deaths & It's not yet over but continues to be a cause of extreme tension & worries for the entire humanity.
it seems that most people having a weak immune system & low energy levels have been more susceptible to viral infections & a host of gastrointestinal problems than those with a powerful immune system & high energy levels. It's likely that all those affected because of having weak immune systems failed to resist, prevent, protect & minimize the impact, and even when affected they could not manage to recover speedily.
Today, in addition to vaccinations & anti-viral drugs, our body probably needs much stronger and more powerful inner body defense systems including natural immunity & energy levels to prevent, protect & fight successfully viral attacks & other diseases.
The pandemic has been reminding people to take self-care of health & build a strong immune system increasing self-healing energy power within the body in order to do so there can be no better way than to try kitchen herbs & spices that have natural magical resisting & healing properties.
Considering the need for time to strengthen & empower the inner body’s organs to withstand viral attacks & fight other health-related issues with success, let's go back to GRANDMA’S old traditional home remedies having been used for thousands of years with success for preventing, protecting & treating common ailments & viral infections.
NATURAL ENERGY & IMMUNITY BOOSTERS
Though there are many NATURAL ENERGY & IMMUNITY BOOSTER HERBS& SPICES but only some most important & well-known that are being used in many recipes, juices, dressings, and smoothies are being mentioned here which are;-
A brief description of Some important herbs & spices having natural healing properties is given herein below;
1.ARJUNA(Terminalia Arjuna); antioxidant & anti-inflammatory. Known for being an amazing heart tonic and cardio-protective herb strengthens the cardiac muscles, improving the circulation of coronary artery blood flow and preventing the heart muscle from ischemic damage.
- BLACK PEPPER (Kalimirch); Vitamin C, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory. allows the body to burn more calories than usual using nutrients efficiently.
3.BASIL (TULSI); immuno-modulator, antioxidant, vitamin A&C, calcium, zinc & Iron. Known for its anti-cancer, anti-viral, and anti-microbial actions
- CAROM (Ajwain): antibacterial & antifungal providing relief from acidity & indigestion
- CLOVE (Lavang); expectorant, antiviral, antibacterial, anti-fungal, antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, local anesthetic, rubefacient (warming and soothing), carminative and anti-flatulent; Boosts digestion; controls gastrointestinal irritation; Protects liver: treats gum diseases; Treats toothache;
- CARDAMON (elachi); medicinal, antibacterial, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory; antiseptic, antispasmodic, carminative, digestive, diuretic, expectorant, stimulant, stomachic, and tonic. A good source of minerals like potassium, calcium, and magnesium lowers blood pressure, improves breathing, aids weight loss fights tumors, improves anxiety, fights bacteria, and protects the liver.
- CINNAMON (Dalchini); prebiotic, antioxidant, anti-viral, anti-bacterial & anti-fungal. Inhibits unhealthy clumping of blood platelets, lessens inflammation, and acts as an "anti-microbial" food.
- CORRIANDER contains manganese, iron, magnesium, vitamins C & K, protein, phosphate, calcium, potassium, carotene, and niacin; Regulates blood sugar and cholesterol levels
- CUMIN (Jeera); antioxidants, potassium, calcium, and copper promote the digestion process
- CURRY LEAVES been a rich source of antioxidants, vitamin A, vitamin B, vitamin C, vitamin B2, calcium, and iron improves digestion; controls blood sugar, and nausea; reduces stress;, protects the body by managing oxidative stress and scavenging free radicals.
- FENUGREEK contains Copper, potassium, calcium, iron, selenium, zinc, manganese, magnesium, thiamine, folic acid, riboflavin, niacin, Vitamins A, B6, and C, Dietary fibers, Sodium, Saturated fats; Regulates blood sugar; Lowers LDL cholesterol; Increases testosterone: Removes hormonal imbalances, Promotes breast milk production; Boosts physical endurance, Relieves constipation; Treats dandruff; Controls diabetes;
- FENNEL (saunf); potassium, acid-base balance, regulates the heart rate, dilates the blood vessels & stabilizes blood pressure.
- GINGER (Adrak): antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, immunity-boosting power, increase circulation & digestion; treats digestive upset and food poisoning.
- GARLIC; antioxidant, antifungal, antiviral, and antibacterial properties to cancer-fighting and immune-boosting activity. Prevents cardiovascular diseases; Manages cholesterol control; improves respiratory and immune systems: Boosts immunity.
- MINT: contains potassium, magnesium, calcium, phosphorus, vitamin C, iron, and vitamin A - providing excellent health benefits include to improve digestion; promoting weight loss; regulating muscle relaxation; controlling inflammation & relieving nausea, depression, fatigue, headache, respiratory problems like asthma, bronchitis, tuberculosis, etc:
- NUTMEG: Anto-oxidant, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial; Enhances sex performance, mood, and sugar control; Reduces risk factors for heart disease.
- PARSLEY; contains powerful anti-oxidants and is also rich in Calories, Carbs, Protein, Fat, Fiber, Vitamin A, C: Folate, Potassium & also vitamin K which may be needed for blood clotting & bone health; Being a versatile herb it provides a concentrated source of nutrients; protects against chronic diseases.
- STAR ANISE (CHAKRA PHOOL); antioxidants, vitamins A & C, anti-aging. promotes digestion; protects from cold & flu; alleviates nausea & cramps
- TURMERIC (HALDI); antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, immunity-booster, revitalizer. Relies upon pain; Provides valuable treatment for arthritis, Alzheimer’s disease, and even multiple sclerosis; Prevents heart disease, some cancers & many other health benefits
- LEMON (Nimboo): vitamin C.; Detoxifies; Controls weight & Enriches beverages, improves digestion, etc.
- HONEY (Shahad); anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-oxidant, anti-viral, anti-microbial & anti-inflammatory. Soothes cough: Treats wounds & burns; prevents heart disease, improves digestion,
- VINEGAR; Rich in bioactive components including acetic acid, gallic acid, catechin, epicatechin, and caffeic acid, & has powerful antioxidant and antimicrobial properties; Reduces blood triglycerides, cholesterol, and blood pressure; blood sugar control; Aids weight loss; It can be used for cooking, baking, cleaning, and weed control.
A combination of five or more herbs & spices enriched with magical curing properties full of Antioxidants, Alkaloids, Flavonoids & Saponins can probably be very energizing, powerful & healthy to prevent, protect and cure most diseases. Their Magical curing properties are briefly mentioned here as follows;
- Antioxidants: The Best Antioxidant Super Spices for Improving Health are; Cinnamon, Ginger, Oregano, Red Peppers, Garlic, Rosemary, Marjoram, thyme, cloves, cumin, turmeric & others. they have the power to neutralize and remove the free radicals from the bloodstream lowering the risk of some diseases including cancer.
- Alkaloids: cumin seeds, garlic, turmeric, & others most commonly found in some flowering plants act as life-saving drugs in certain serious disorders like cancer, blood pressure, etc. All peppers including black, white, green, long & Capsicum are good sources of containing piperine.
- Flavonoids: Herbs like parsley, carom seeds, fennel, & others regulate cellular activity and fight off free radicals that cause oxidative stress on the body. They are also powerful antioxidant agents that help to reduce the risks of cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and some cancers. Many plant foods are rich in flavonoids, therefore, increasing the fruits and vegetables in your diet is the easiest way to obtain them. Flavonoids have proven antibacterial and antiviral effects & Foods that are rich With Flavonoids are; berries, red cabbage, onions, kale, parsley, tea, red wine, dark chocolates & others
- Saponins: onion, garlic, asparagus, oats, spinach & tea Lower blood cholesterol & body fat levels promoting cardiovascular health. Also, prevent the growth of cancer cells lowering risk factors.
HERBAL MIX FIVE OR MORE INGREDIENTS
READERS CAN HAVE THEIR OWN CHOICE OF COMBINATIONS. They MAY ADD or REDUCE THE NUMBER OF INGREDIENTS WITH SIMILAR PROPERTIES FOR MAKING HERBAL MIX.
Depending upon the number of spices, one can either prepare the mixture with an equal amount of each ingredient or may vary the percentages as per the needs but a minimum combination of five or more ingredients may POSSIBLY be more appropriate & powerful for being effective.
EATING RAINBOW COLOR FOODS
They say that EATING RAINBOW COLOR FOODS can be very healthy & therefore it is ok to include them in your menu along with other foods to enjoy the benefits of Rainbow color foods.
Here is a suggestion for trying the following foods in limits for building a powerful immune system & boosting energy levels;
a)Rich fiber foods containing vitamins A C E, zinc, and selenium & antioxidants are; whole wheat, corn, oats, brown rice
b)Useful Herbs; Garlic, giloy, ginger, cinnamon, parsley, garlic, lemon, Pepper, turmeric, vinegar,
- c) FRUITS: Apple, Black plump, Kiwi, Oranges, grapefruit, lemon, Blueberries, Banana, Mango, papaya, pineapple, pears, strawberry, Watermelon,
- d) Veggies; Avocados, Asparagus, Bell Peppers, Broccoli, Beans, Beetroot, Bottle gourd, cabbage, Coconut, Carrots, Collard greens, dark leafy, Eggplant, garlic, Indian gooseberry, Pumpkin, Spinach, Squash, Sweet potatoes, Tomatoes, Winter cherry (Ashwagandha), zucchini,
- e) Dry fruits & Nuts; Almonds, cashews, walnuts & other less important can also be tried in limits such as dates, apricots, raisins, Pistachio, hazelnuts, prunes (Dried Plums), figs
- f) SEEDS; Chia, Flax, Hemp & others less important are; Sesame, Pumpkin, Sunflower / Pomergrate, caraway, grapeseeds, apricot kernels
THE BOTTOM LINE;
HEALTH IS WEALTH WHICH IS NOT MONEY, SILVER, OR GOLD
THERE IS NO BETTER WAY TO STAY HEALTHY THAN REGULAR EXERCISE
FOR ABOUT 40 TO 60 MINUTES DAILY OR ON ALTERNATE DAYS
SUGGEST THE FOLLOWING PHYSICAL & MENTAL ACTIVITIES
- WARM UP to include Laughter as an exercise that may include a Hearty laugh; deep breathing, playfulness, making faces, roaring like a lion & dancing merrily
- Flex & stretch easy yoga postures, Sun Salutation, or 9 to 12 easy postures of your choice such as standing, arms up, forward bend, triangle, downward dog, fish, happy baby, seated forward bend, knee to chest
- Relax / Meditate once a week or as may be comfortable
- Drink 1 or 2 glasses of Lemon or herbal Infused water/ apple cider/juice/vegetable soup after practice.
- DO NOT EAT FOOD for about 30 to 60 minutes before starting to exercise.
- Avoid junk & fatty foods and Eat fresh green vegetables, fruits, grains, fibrous foods, etc.
This article contains the personal views of the author and should only be treated as general, educational & strictly informative, & not a substitute for any professional advice or medical treatment. It is always advisable for everyone including persons having health issues, complicated symptoms, or medical conditions to consult with a physician or other healthcare professional persons before following anything mentioned in this article.
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR READERS:
Author, personal & group trainer for self-health care Mohinder Anand has regularly been posting “HEALTH CARE” ARTICLES ON FACEBOOK & LINKEDIN for benefit of the readers covering important topics like IMMUNITY POWER, VIRAL INFECTIONS, ALCOHOL ABUSE, GAMBLING PROBLEM, RELATIONSHIPS, SELF HEALING ENERGY, ABORTIONS, MINDSET, BREAST CANCER, BODY HEALING MASSAGE, LAUGHTER, YOGA FOR EVERYONE, & OTHERS.
Readers are most welcome to make suggestions or seek further information or clarifications to clear their doubts if any, through MESSENGER or by EMAILING which shall promptly be responded to.
Wish you to keep smiling & laughing for staying active, energetic & healthy.